- Why do you want a career in the BPO sector?
- Telling your interviewer that you need the money or that you love the fast-and -easy BPO culture is a complete no no. There are other ways of convincing your employer to hire you. Think about personality traits that make you suitable for this job. On the other hand, you should have correct information about the growth rate and the size of the BPO industry. Quoting these make you look serious, knowledgeable and professional.
- You can come up with an answer like -”I would like to pursue a job in this sector since this is an industry that is growing very fast. According to this year’s Financial Times Report on the Indian Industry, the size of the BPO industry is around $ XX billion and it is growing at a rate of XX per cent.
Not only this, I also feel that I have a personality that is well suited to this industry, since I love interacting with people and have great communication skills. I fell that I can utilize my potential to maximum in this industry while boosting and enhancing my skills and expertise at the same time. Moreover, it is a steady and a constant job. I fell that I will definitely prove to be an asset for any company as I can easily adapt to any ambience and make sure that it does not hinder my creative skills and abilities. I can easily work in a team.”
- Will you be comfortable working in different shifts?
- Yes, I can. I might have difficulties at the beginning, but I am sure that my body will easily adjust to working at odd hours.
Staying up throughout the nights is not a problem for me.” You can take this as an opportunity to talk about how well suited for the job you are by saying things like—
- I am enthusiastic and energetic about my work.
- I am very proficient and hard working.
- I can work efficiently and with the same amount of zeal and energy at any time in the day.
- I can strive hard to achieve my goals and at the same time manage other aspects of the job.
- One thing to keep in mind while praising yourself is to avoid the use of superlatives like ‘extremely’ hardworking, the ‘best’ at xyz, the ‘most’ efficient etcetra. Selling yourself is good, but the subtler the trumpeting, the better it is.
- Are you confident of your communicative skills in convincing people?
- Point number one—please do not answer in negative to this question—even if you are an absolute failure at convincing people to do anything. The answer has to be—”Yes, I think I can easily convince people.” Then tell them how you convince people. Reading up on this aspect will help not only frame a good response to this question, but will also help you in doing your job better.
- Which one do you think –web or voice –suits your qualifications better?
- If you are inclined towards one aspect, either web or voice, then there is no harm in telling your employer about your preference. They generally have enough vacancies in both and will hire you if you are good, irrespective of what you say here. Just make sure that you have a good reason for choosing one over the other.